Recently I got Blackberry as a gift, but after using I started hating it, My friends asked me why so? Here I’m listing my primary hate reasons –
- Connection – Frequently looses connection I have Airtel connection but it switches it’s network to Vodafone and shows no network, after running 5-6 diagnostic test it switch back to Airtel network. I thought something is wrong with my phone set but same is the story with our other BB phone.
- SMS – Ever since I started using it i.e. yesterday it frequently route my SMS to international gateway which costs me Rs.5/SMS for local SMS even after having unlimited Monthly SMS package I complained about this to Airtel customer care but they are too dumb to acknowledge it as problem.
- Ringtone – It frequently switch to silent mode with no ringtones and alert tone I missed many important calls and even after wasting 1 hour to fix it won’t fix up but after sometime it get fix it by itself.
- Cumbersome – There are too many settings and options for dumb guy like me to get a hold of it, it took me more than 3 days to understand & customize the basic functionalities to use my phone normally. Unlike Android and iPhone which took me 10 minutes to understand and ready to rock & roll.
- BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) – It’s doubling my mobile bills and without it I can’t even surf net with Airtel Live as I used to do it before in my Samsung Phone as my Mobile internet requirement is not that great that I’m going to double my mobile bill.
- Just Can’t Switch it off – There is no button for switching it off completely, they have Full Power off but When I hit hang/power button it instantly illuminates the phone. I was travelling & wanted to save the batteries by switching it off when I checked back to call I found whole batteries was drained off as somehow it started off automatically cause it just take a simple touch on hang/power button to start unlike other phone which takes continuous pressing of power button to start. I wasted 2 hours to figure out how to switch off completely later found it can only done by taking off the batteries.
- No Apps – I cannot access apps like gmail apps or other essential life saving apps till I subscribe to BIS, I can surf net via Wi-fi but I just cannot use apps what the hack is wrong with them.
- There are other issues as well and these are very simple issues but making my life hell after started using blackberry as it is consuming too much time in regularly fixing things like network and ringtone issues also reducing my productivity greatly. Now I wish I have never got this phone. Somehow my 1st impression not so good with BB I hope it may change with time.