I simply enjoy eating Chicken Curry, Rogan Josh (Mutton), Fish Curry, Sea Food. 5 Years back I turned into Vegetarian for nearly a year but when I went back home for Puja holidays my Mom got furious to know that I turned into Vegetarian she said “Son this is not the time for you to turn into vegetarian, when you get old then you can opt for it but not now” Then I again started enjoying meat and I still love them.
Today I came across a very interesting and important video about the facts of Meat and Human, it is about “Are Human Beings Designed to Eat Meat?”. Although I knew that we Humans are made for eating apples and banana by our mother nature as we do not have any canine teeth and we take 72 hours to digest meat meal but apart from missing canine and super slow digestion of meat I didn’t knew any of the other facts.
The prominent Swedish scientist Karl von Linne states, “Man’s structure, external and internal, compared with that of the other animals, shows that fruit and succulent vegetables constitute his natural food.”
The chart below compares the anatomy of man with that of carnivorous and herbivorous animals.When you look at the comparison between herbivores and humans, our body nature resembles much more closely to herbivores than meat eating animals. Humans are clearly not designed to digest and ingest meat.
- Meat-eaters: have claws
- Herbivores: no claws
- Humans: no claws
- Meat-eaters: have no skin pores and perspire through the tongue
- Herbivores: perspire through skin pores
- Humans: perspire through skin pores
- Meat-eaters: have sharp front teeth for tearing, with no flat molar teeth for grinding
- Herbivores: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding
- Humans: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding
4) Salivary Gland
- Meat-eaters: salivary glands in mouth not needed to pre-digest grains and fruits.
- Herbivores: well-developed salivary glands which are necessary to pre-digest grains and fruits
- Humans: well-developed salivary glands, which are necessary to pre-digest, grains and fruits
- Meat-eaters: have acid saliva with no enzyme ptyalin to pre-digest grains
- Herbivores: have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains
- Humans: have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains
6) Digestive Juices
- Meat-eaters: have strong hydrochloric acid in stomach to digest meat
- Herbivores: have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater
- Humans: have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater
- Meat-eaters: have intestinal tract that is only 3 times their body length so that rapidly decaying meat can pass through quickly
- Herbivores: have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.
- Humans: have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.
Based on a chart by A.D. Andrews, Fit Food for Men, (Chicago: American Hygiene Society, 1970)
If you Watch following Video then there you find more distinguish traits that proves the point that we are designed for eating apples not chicken .